If you are having an electrical issue that’s been on your mind take this opportunity to have an Electrician at Nicholas Electric review your problem.Just fill out the short form to the right describing your situation and you’ll get an informative response from a knowledgeable electrical specialist. Don’t forget to include either your e-mail address or your phone number so your question can be answered!
Once again it’s that time of the year and Boy, do we have our hands full!
Everyone is getting ready for those those Cold Days of Winter!
You would be surprised how many home and business owners just plug that space heater in without knowing if their existing fuse box can handle the load – or if the plug is even grounded!
You can be shocked off of the space heater frame or even worse, if the circuit is over fused this can result in an electrical fire !
Keep in mind that a lot of the older homes were not wired to accommodate all of the new appliances used today (i.e. microwaves, computers, coffee pots, toasters, unit heaters and air conditioners…just to name a few).
A few signs of overloaded circuits are;
- Flickering or dimming lights
- Frequently blown fuses or tripping breakers.
- Dielectric breakdown on fuse cartridges (melted pull outs)
- A strong burning odor near the defective wiring device