Is Your Home’s Electrical System Ready for Winter?
Once again it’s that time of the year and Boy, do we have our hands full!
Everyone is getting ready for those those Cold Days of Winter!
You would be surprised how many home and business owners just plug that space heater in without knowing if their existing fuse box can handle the load – or if the plug is even grounded!
You can be shocked off of the space heater frame or even worse, if the circuit is over fused this can result in an electrical fire !
Keep in mind that a lot of the older homes were not wired to accommodate all of the new appliances used today (i.e. microwaves, computers, coffee pots, toasters, unit heaters and air conditioners…just to name a few).
A few signs of overloaded circuits are;
- Flickering or dimming lights
- Frequently blown fuses or tripping breakers.
- Dielectric breakdown on fuse cartridges (melted pull outs)
- A strong burning odor near the defective wiring device